Best of times...

Best of times...
Playing catch with my son after a Gibbon Reds ballgame.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Father's Advice

This past Father's Day was wonderful.  Here is some words of wisdom that my grandfather passed down to my father, and him to me (and my siblings).  Take it for what it worth, but I find it to be wonderful insight on the importance of being a father.

••••••••
Another Fathers Day, so I'm sending out this little memo again.
Hope you enjoy.

Things My Father Said...
* When I was around ten my Grandma passed away and My Father Said, "When I die don't cry for me I'll be in a better place."
* When I was growing up and had to face new troubles My Father Said, "If you can't talk to me or mom, talk to someone. Don't keep it bottled up inside." (I would talk to the cows while I was milking. The cows knew all my secrets. My sister knows a few of them too.)
* When I got my first paying job My Father Said, "Do what your told. If you have to dig ditches, dig them the best you can and someday you'll be telling others how to dig."
* When I got married My Father Said, "Have patience."
* My Father Said, "If you have to do a job you don't like, make a game out of it and you'll be done in no time." (Sometimes my brothers and I would have to much fun and break something)
* My Father Said, "Learn how to fix something and you'll always be able to find work."
* My Father Said, "Finish what you start, don't stop in mid-stream."
* My Father Said, "You don't learn anything by quitting."
* My Father Said, "I'm proud of you." (three times)
* My Father Said, "Listen to both sides of the story before you open your mouth."
* My Father Said, "If you hit someone, hit them in the stomach so you don't have to pay for a dentist bill."
* My Father Said, "Don't spend more than you make." (Yeah right)
* I told My Father I loved him three times.
* When my family was getting ready to go some where or to church, My Father would say, "Go to the bathroom because I'm not stopping," or "go to the bathroom because your leaving in the middle of Church."
Hope you all had a nice Fathers Day.
••••••••

Thanks, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment